Most anti-abortion sites offer to send you "free information and a
church bulletin" or a Bible. As an atheist, I'm not impressed and I don't want that stuff; and more importantly, how are you going to convince an atheist of anything if you use a source that he does not accept or worse considers it a hoax?
I am an atheist and opposed to abortions and for the following
reasons: Please feel free to use my logical arguments to help stop
Randall M. Jones
- Even if someone believes that abortions are acceptable, then at least consider this:
- Most of abortion methods are cruel, extremely inhumane and painful, very painful for the fetus/baby.
- If you intend to kill the fetus, then do so in a humane way......
If the equivalent methods to abortion were used to kill animals at the dog pond, the ASPCA and other animal groups...well, you get the idea.
- The dangers associated with abortions are not explained clearly
(most people believe that abortions are completely safe). There are many
dangers physically and psychologically (infection, infertility, bleeding, depression and suicide, just to name a few).
- Abortions go against my belief in liberty and justice.
- Liberty to choose for one's self requires that as free
individuals, we are responsible for our actions and the consequences
- Justice is when you get what you deserve.
- A woman should have the right to do with her own body what she wishes, but when she does what she wants to do, and as a result becomes pregnant, she has done what she wanted to do with her own body. How ever when she goes for an abortion, she is doing something to someone else's body.
- What has the unborn done to deserve death? NOTHING! It is not at fault for any thing including it's on existence, and yet it is expected to pay with it's life, no trial, no jury, and no say in what happens to them.
- Every one knows that sex will result in a pregnancy, so sexually active people (and every one else) should be responsible for their own actions unless they are not free. Freedom carry's with it a requirement that you must accept responsibility for your own actions.
- Pro-abortionists say: " If you don't like abortions then don't have one". My response to them is: That is a great logical process, You just changed my mind, I think I'll apply that to the rest of my philosophy and change my opinions about every thing else too......
" If you don't like slavery then don't enslave anyone".
" If you don't like rape then don't rape anyone".
" If you don't like murder then don't murder anyone".
" If you don't like theft then don't steal from anyone".
" If you don't like lies then don't lie to anyone".
" If you don't like sexually transmitted diseases then don't transmit one".
" If you don't like terrorist then don't bomb anyone".
" If you don't like animal cruelty then don't be cruel to one".
" If you don't like oppression then don't oppress anyone".
" If you don't like arson then don't burn the property of anyone".
As you can see this type of thinking is anarchy, at it's worst. Basically it says: shut up and let me do what I want, I don't care how it affects anyone else, I just want to do what I want to do. It is very self centered and childish.
- Most atheists do not see anything wrong with abortions and will not give you the time of day once you mention god or one of the many "holy" books that religious people believe in.
Reprinted here with full permission from author